Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 4, Summer Traditions/Corn Fields

This is my summer tradtion. Watching my son, play baseball. And there is nothing more I enjoy than watching him. It's his passion and he is mine.







I drove to the corn fields by the high school just as the sun was setting today and took these.  I am always still amazed that I live in the suburbs, but down the street are real working farms, and one of the largest dairy farm in Kane County.  This is a happy place for me to live.



If you build it, they will come!
Kept looking for Shoeless Joe to come out of the field, but he didn't



The old saying about corn is "Knee High by the Fourth of July".  This corn is more like chin high.






The other side of the road there is wheat growning.




Where the suburbs meet the country.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun your shots are. It is amazing that we live in these suburbs of Chicago and have corn and wheat fields growing right along side neighborhoods. We have a corn field just down the block from us as well. Hope you had a grand 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Followers