Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make.........

Ok, get ready for it, I've been listening to Christmas music.  There, I said it, and I am not ashamed. Just in the car, but still listening and enjoying it.   Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving, and this year I have alot to be thankful for, but I also have always thought of Thanksgiving and Christmas as all-in-one holidays.  When you work at school, the breaks are close together.  Christmas always seems like the day we get out of school for than the break.  So I always feel a little ahead of the game.

This year, Thanksgiving seems early too.  And maybe it's because I am in a really happy place this year.  I LOVE Christmas every year and last year was nice that I wasn't working and enjoyed my time home, but this year I am so happy and thankful of where I am at with my job and all.  It was a big year around here.  I went back to work and love it.  I never would have thought that I would be loving working at high school, let alone in the dean's office, as much as I do.  #5 got his driver's license recently, and that of course was a little bittersweet.  My baby is driving.  It's a little scary too, but I have to trust him and let him spread his wings (of course this is in my car, yikes!).  I must say I am enjoying the fact that he can drive himself to his activities.

Now back to the music, let's face it, who doesn't enjoy a little "White Christmas", by Bing Crosby or the "The Christmas Song", by Nate King Cole.  Come one people, we all know Christmas music makes us smile (and sing a little too).  And even though we all complain about how early stores put up Christmas decorations, I always get a little rush of excietment when I see them.

So call me crazy, but I am going to continue to listen and get in the spirit of things, even now.

Fa la la la la, la, la, la.  And yes, I will be dreaming of a white Christmas.

So with that being said (or sung), I will leave you all with a pic of last year's Christmas Tree:


1 comment:

Followers