Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Catching"

Ok, more about #5.  You all know he is a second baseman/infielder, by first choice.  He's already, this season, played second base, short stop and third base.   But..........the other day he called and asked us to bring his catcher's mitt.  Apparaently the regular catcher told the coach that "he didn't want to catch anymore".  So low and behold he didn't have to (this is the same kid that has known the coach since he was 2 years old and apparently can make those decisions and STILL get to be in the game).  Funny thing is, he got to play second base too.  No sarcaism there. 

Anyway, back to #5.  This particular game #5 was TOLD he would have to catch, but he WOULD NOT get to hit.  Hmmmm??     And  #5, being #5, said ok (cuz he knows that you don't say no).  I guess he is now the new catcher.  He caught yesterday and got to hit (1 for 2, of course he gets on base after I leave, I must make him nervous and of course I can never get the pics I want).  He worked his butt off, did a great job amd I am very proud of him.  When asked if he likes playing that postion he say, it's ok, at least I get to play.  And play he did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers