Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Scanner

So, I just got this really cool new scanner.  It's about the size of a ruler and 2 inches wide and all you do is just feed the photos through (almost like a shredder).  I have scanned over 400 pictures in the past few days.  My mom and her two sisters found a photo album that was my grandmothers.  She did not have have a lot of photos of them growing up, so this was quite a found treasure.

I am going to be posting my favorites (don't worry, just a few at a time).  The thing that speaks to me about these photos, is that it is, #1 a look at my past and #2, the wonder of genetics.  I look at the photos of my mother and am still in shock at how much I look like her and even more, how much #5 looks like her too (or me I guess).   Same with my cousins and their parents.

my mother and uncle
(I almost have the same hair cut now)



my mom sitting on my grandfather's lap


a pic of me that I think looks like my mom

#5, five years old, 1st day of kindergarten
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers