Sunday, August 7, 2011

#5's Birthday Party

Yestserday, we celebrated #5's 16th birthday with alot of family and friends.  We also had a "shoe flickin" contest.  Something we started doing many years ago.  You get on a swing and see how far you can flick your shoe.  Over the fence is always what you shoot for.  Well, this probably being #5's last birthday party, we decided to needed to do one final flick.  Plus, the swing set is will probaly come down soon.  There is even a trophy.  Of  course my brother-in-law, M, who had the trophy from the last flick, won again.

It was a fun time.

The birthday boy




These pics are of the cake.    I had Jewel make the cake with the grass, trees and road and I did the rest. They are pics of our house, #5's  high school, and Wrigley Field, I even put the street sign from our corner and one from Waveland and Clark on it. I put Kenyon farm and the cows by the school too. The car has a little guy in it, (supposed to be #5), with his baseball hat on and glove and bat in the front seat.





Niece C, from FLA, with grandma, who she looks EXACTLY like!

Smart girl, she found my Coach purse and loved it.  Good taste.

#5 with his littlest cousins, watching Barney.

My special little niece, G


Flickers

One of my oldest, beautiful nieces, K, her boyfriend and one of my nephews, P

G and Grandma

Little ones playing and having fun

Good friend, J and daughter A.  Look at those beautiful eyes.

Me and G

The winners

ALOT of my husbands family together at one time.  Doesn't happen very often, just a few were missing.  This pic is going to Iraq where one of my nieces is serving in the Army.  It's almost her birthday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers