Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4, 1995; 8:27 am

August 4, 1995, 8:27 a.m.  Just another day to some people, but on this day, 16 years ago, #5 was born.  On this day my life and world changed.  On this day, I became a mommy, mom, mother, ma, etc.  Do I remember every detail?  No.  But do I remember this being the best day of my life, ABSOUTLEY!

So as I think about that day and every other day since then I ask,  "how do I feel that my baby boy is turning 16"?  I really still can't beleive it.  Some times there are days I can't even remember what it was like when he was a baby, then other days, it seems just like yesterday.  I think about the days when I would say, "I can't wait till he's older so he can do this or that", and now I long for those days when he was still a baby, and needed me for everything.  These days it may seem like he needs me for everything, just in different ways, i.e., rides, money, laundry done, food made, etc.

He's a great kid, I have to say, but yet he is still a teenager and lately there has been a little "head butting" between us.  I know it's just him growing and finding himself, but sometimes it's hard.  Or maybe I am just having hard time with him growing up.

Happy Birthday, #5.  LOVE YOU!


These two, he was a few days old.


couple of weeks old, Papa would come over, pick him up and stay like this till he woke up

By Nana's house


Happy to see his daddy home from work.



1st birthday pic

This year's high school baseball pic.

2 comments:

Followers