Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Nice"

I'm being sarcastic when I use this term today.  I guess I am just so frustrated with rude (probably unhappy) people.  #5 and I went to lunch today.  It was a popular cafe/bakery restaurant in Geneva.  It was crowded as it was lunch time.  It is set up with booths, and tables.  Tables that are for two, but that can be put together for four or pulled apart again for two.  There was a mom with her son (about maybe five) sitting at a table for two, with the second table next to her.  I asked her if she was using the unoccupied side.  She was quite mean and said "what, you want to sit with me (or something like that)"  I said, "no, I will pull it aside and use it".  She very rudely, said 'NO, I'M USING IT".  I was so taken aback by her rudeness, that I was either shaking from being caught off guard or low blood sugar.  I think it was both, but mostly her.  We eventually found a table for two and ate our lunch.  A nice man came up to me and commented on what he witnessed and said that the lady was just plain rude and was rude to the employees.  He made me feel better.  I don't know why I felt so upset about this clearly unhappy women, but I was. 

I guess my point is:  Do people really have to be so mean and rude to others, even if they are strangers?  Wouldn't we all be better off just being nice?  Are people really that mean and/or unhappy that they feel they have to "pick a fight" over the littlest things?  Just something to think about.  Let me know what you think??????


I haven't been feeling that good about myself lately, but after today, I KNOW I am a good, nice person and that just picked me up a little about myself.

Found this quote:

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers