Friday, July 16, 2010

"Three Daves"

Yesterday, Thursday, I attended (along with my friend M, as were other friends there too) a book signing/reading.  This may not seem like anything exciting, but it was.  The reason being is because the author is a casual friend of mine.  I think that is pretting exciting.  The book is called "Three Daves", by Nicki Elson.  I haven't started reading it yet, but a few pages but can't wait to dig in.  The book is about a 19 year girl, in college set in 1986.  Now being that I experienced the 80's full on (being 21 in 1986), I'm sure I am going to love it.

Nicki has inspired me to get even more creative, maybe not writing a book, but she is so sweet and funny and talented that there is nothing but to be inspired by her.  Her courage alone to set out on this project is inspiring enough.

Here are some pics from the evening:



The Limestone Cafe where the signing was!


Me & Nicki

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You are too sweet. Thank you so much for coming - I had a blast. I hope you have fun going back to the 80s once you dig into Three Daves. ;)

    P.S. I'm totally going to link this blog into mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers