Monday, July 12, 2010

Park

#5 all the way on the right.  J and C next to him!
(and that's my shadow taking the pic)
I found myself somewhere I haven't been in many years. Across the street at our park. #5 and his teenage friends actually go to the park and swing on the swings. I know this to be true and they are not causing trouble or just hanging out, because I can see them on the swings from my house.

So, with my trusty camera always out lately, I went across the street, took some pics and actually hung out with them. And believe it or not, they didn't seem to mind.

I remember when #5 was little and wanted to go the park all the time. (living across the street didn't help). Honestly there were some days I just didn't want to sit there, or follow him so he wouldn't get hurt. I remember when he learned to swing himself, that was a great day. Other days, we would go and my friends would come and we could just sit and talk.

Gone are those days now. Thinking back of when I wished we weren't there every day, I now long for the days to be with #5. He is not 5 years old any more and attached to my hip, but turning 15 soon and growing up and wanting more freedom. I think he is a pretty good kid and am very proud of him and how he is maturing, but still will always long for my little boy.
Many a day I was sitting on this bench watching him play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers