Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer

It's been a while since I had something to add to my blog. It has been a unique summer, to say the least. Still taking in that I will not have a job to go to this August; home improvement projects going on and #5 turning 15 soon. He is certainly going through some teen changes. Mostly wanting more freedom, and not having his mom around. He also has friends/team mates that drive and that is a little scary for this mom. Although part of me wishes he would be turning 16 instead of 15 this August. That would make getting to practices and games alot easier.

I've been thinking alot of what the sights and sounds of summer are for me. I've been noticing things in a different way lately. Maybe it's because I carry my camera everywhere now. Some of my favorite summer things are:

Watching #5 play baseball, knowing his love and passion for it; Tom Petty on the radio; iced tea and lemonade; the American Flag hanging proudly on my house; little boys eating watermelon; constuction everywhere is not my favorite, but a sure sign of summer; my flowers in full bloom, especially my Hydrangeas, kids playing outside (usually in front of my house); whiffle ball during the day and especially in the evening while they are playing "ghost in the graveyard"; ping pong in the garage. I love watching my neighborhood kids and #5 just being kids. I have watched them all grow up in front of me and hope they all know how lucky they are to have each other. They are all ages, mostly boys with a few girls in the mix. From 8 years old on up to 15. I hope they all keep their connection as they get older.

I hope everyone is having a great summer! I'm hoping to be better at posting more. I will post before and after pics when the kitchen is done.
#5(really 26 for this season, but always #5 to me)
Construction everywhere, you know, if you live near me.
"B" man enjoying his watermelon, he can't enough of it (friends baby)
My backyard Hydrangeas.
My flag haning proudly on my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers