Friday, March 4, 2011

Big SIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH of Relief! #5 Made the Team

#5 DID make the team today, but not withpout just a little bit of drama, and a hard lesson learned.  He came home yesterday and said he was told to come back today for a final tryout.  Some kids were cut, which we were glad he wasn't one of them.  But, some kids were told on Thursday that they made it.  They were mostly the kids that were the "stars" from last year and are all from the neighboring town where the coach lives and coaches.  He was upset because he knows he wasn't any worse than some of the those kids.  #5 responded with, "now I know what they mean about things being political".

He then came home, and immediately went in the garage to hit some more.  That's my boy.  Always working harder for it.  He may not always be the best player on the team, the super star or a home run hitter, but he takes it very seriously and knows he has to work hard for it.  And for that I am very proud of him.  He now has taken the attitude of, "I'll show them just how good I can be".  Atta boy!!!!!

Being home all day today, I was very nervous about finding out and this is what I did to keep myself busy for a while.  I made paper flowers.   They were easier than I thought and look cute in this basket in my powder room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers