Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my (yikes) sophmore.  Being unemployed and all, I was home and now have the job of driving him and his oldest and best friend (we'll call her Gizmo) to school.  Like last year, it hit me.  These two were just going to kindergarten. 

It's bittersweet, because from kindergarten to 8th grade I was never around for the first day of school.  I never got to see the excitement and neversousness in my little boy's face.  Now, it was just "get me to school without embarassing me mom".  I did of course take their picture and was told not to put it on facebook.  So here it is on my blog.  I wasn't going to put it on facebook, but after looking at everyone else's first day pics, I just might.  He'll never see it anyway, as he WILL NOT "friend" me on facebook.

To all my friends who read this (all 5 of you).  Hope you and your kids have a great first day back to school.
"no pictures please".


#5 and Gizmo today



Kindercare "prom"



with second grade report cards


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers