Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grandmother's Tea Set

So, while filling my brand new cabinets.  No, the kitchen is still not complete.  Waiting for counter, sink and dishwasher and a few odds and ends.  Won't reveal till it's completely done.  But, back to filling cabinets.  I've had a lovely little set of cups, saucers, dessert dishes, teapot and sugar and creamer set that were my grandma Sciaccotta's.  It is has a lilly pattern to it.  This grandmother was my "flashy" Italian grandmother.  She LOVED nice things.  We became very close during my early twenties, up until she passed away in 1993.  This is just one of the many beautiful things I have of hers.  Before the new cabinets, I didn't really have a place for them, that they can actually be seen.  She purchased this set when Marshall Fields was still Marshall Fields and it was made it Italy (not China). 

So here is a pic.  Just thought I had to share since I can now see them every time I open the cabinet.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I'm so happy you'll be able to see them all the time now. Hooray for new cabinets!

    ReplyDelete

Followers