Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Back

Just got back (yesterday) from our trip to Florida for a baseball tournament.  It was a great trip, I actually feel like I got a vacation out of it.  The weather, to say the least, is very HOT & HUMID.  So hot that as soon as you walk outside you start to sweat even before you do anything.  My sunglasses and camera lense would steam  up from going from the inside air to outside.

The drive wasn't bad.  As soon as we arrived at our hotel, I don't think I saw #5 until he was playing or wanted money or on the way back home.  The boys all were in their own rooms with 4 to a room.  I tried not to go into his room or ask what they were doing or what it looked like.  I was though a little sad when he chose to hang out with his friends/teammates instead of  doing something with uus during down time.  What can I say, he's 15 (tomorrow) and it was an experience for him.  That's ok, my husband and I actually did things together and had a nice time.  We went to Busch Gardens (look for future post about "brother" from Busch Gardens); went to dinners without #5.  Most of the team went to the beach, and we all went to a Ray's vs. Yankees game.  Of course everyone was waiting for A-Rod to hit #600, but no luck.  It was fun anyway.

By the way, we got 2nd in the tournament.  The main field was right across from out hotel.  I probably with binoculars could have watched the games from our room.

Here are just a few pics:

#5's Double
The boys at the beach (#5 running and/or dancing, not sure which)
My toes in the sand
View of field from our room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers