Monday, January 3, 2011

"Photo Shoot" (warning, I went a little long)

So after purchasing my fabulous Barbie book yesterday, I dug out my three old Barbies (2 Barbie, 1 Ken), my Barbie Airplane, and Barbie House, and we had a little photo shoot.  I also found two of my Dawn dolls.  Remember them?  Mini fashionistas. In the same Ziploc bags, were my first teddy bear (all torn and mended) and my Thumblelina doll (that still works).

As I looked through my book and Googled my "old friends", I found many people held on to their toys too;  some in mint condition.  And I thought, "wow, how cool would that be if mine were like that"?  Then I realized how glad I am that they are not.  Mine are worn, dirty, one has an injury, one had her hair cut by my sister, and I only have one outfit per doll.  I think about all the wonderful clothes I had for them, and how many my mother actually made.  Can you imagine how hard that must of been?  I guess what I am trying to say is that my dolls were very well loved and played with, ALOT and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Too bad, or maybe good thing I don't have a daughter to pass on my love for Barbie.  My luck, if I did she wouldn't have liked Barbie anyway.  Instead I still have #5's Batman collection.(about 75 figures, Batcave, etc.).  I lived out my Barbie days, playing Batman with him.  I got to be Batgirl of course.

So, here is my "photo shoot":



Dawn, (blonde) and her friend Gloria




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers