Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14 Making a Statement

Today's prompt:

"Each day, with each item we use, each purchase we make, there are choices. Price, style, color all play into how we decide what to buy, what to wear, how to decorate. Today's color study will open your eyes to your choices and discover what colors you are drawn to.


First step: Observe your life today in a big picture way. Notice any consistent or common threads in what you've chosen to surround yourself with? Anything from kitchen appliances to shoes to coffee mugs to your bathrobe can all be part of your own color statement choices.

Second step: Decide which of these things best communicates your color statement. Maybe it's the accent color you've discovered that runs throughout your home or closet. Or maybe it's one single item (your phone case, sofa or jacket) that makes your statement. Whatever it is, capture it in a way that says something about you!


Note: I often let practicality influence my choices. I think many of us do. What will work best with everything else? What color is the most versatile? Is it something I'll really use? These filters are necessary sometimes but I can safely say that the things I've acquired out of love alone, are things I rarely regret. Sometimes color alone can be our guide. This prompt can help you seek out the colors that just plain make you happy"


This is my summer statement. Same flip flops in different colors. I live in these all summer and they keep the tan lines uniform. (More pics of my green toes too.) 

This is the second day in a row I used my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers